Civil and political rights data launch
June 22nd 2023 (past)
What’s new in our 2023 civil and political rights data? This year’s data include measures of Freedom of Religion and Belief in 9 countries, scores for Bangladesh, Thailand, and the Maldives, people at risk data about sex workers, and much more.
You can watch our June 22 data launch on YouTube here, including:
- A tour of the 2023 data
- Samuel Jayakumar (South Asia Forum for Freedom of Religion and Belief) explains the new freedom of religion and belief scores across Asia
- Trinh Huu Long (The Vietnamese Magazine) explains empowerment rights and press freedom in Vietnam from his perspective as a journalist in exile
- K Chad Clay explains the global trends in the 2023 data, especially the changing human rights landscape in China and Hong Kong
- Matt Rains explains the impact of elections on empowerment rights
- K Chad Clay comments on the United State’s low human rights scores, especially women and LGBTQIA+ people’s rights
Economic and social rights data launch
June 29th 2023 (past)
In this 2023 economic and social rights (ESR) data release, our researchers and guests discussed:
- New measurement tools for quality of education and adult health.
- How can economic and social rights data help increase investment in low income countries?
- Brian Guhry joins us from the World Bank to provide expert commentary.
- How does improving economic and social rights lead to an increase in wealth?
You can watch the video on Youtube here.
Human rights in East Asia data launch
June 28th 2023 (past)
How have human rights evolved in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, and what are the patterns that link these different countries?
Our impressive panel of guests bring their perspectives from Hong Kong, Tibet, and Xinjiang, to these countries and share their insight on how to unite in the fight for freedom and recognition. Our panelists included:
- Anouk Wear, Hong Kong Watch
- Steve Vines, Hong Kong Media Overseas
- Rahima Mahmut, World Uyghur Congress
- Tenzin Kunga, Tibetan Community in Britain
You can watch the livestreamed webinar on Youtube here.
Would you like early access to the 2023 human rights data so you can prepare your stories for the launch? Contact us!
You can also check out our press releases, which we will update as they are published: