The Human Rights Measurement Initiative is seeking a high-achieving, personable, detail-oriented intern to support the activities of our busy team to help us be even more effective in our outreach activities.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organised self-starter, has an eye for detail, picks up new things quickly, with a great attitude to tackling both small and large tasks. You’ll be a great communicator, poised under pressure, have plenty of initiative and used to managing your own workload. We have a friendly team here where everyone is valued for their vital contribution to our mission.
Our successful applicant will have a strong background in at least two of the following disciplines: human rights, political science, global studies, economics, international relations, law, journalism/media studies or languages.
Work is likely to involve a combination of:
- Data entry and database management.
- Corresponding with human rights practitioners all over the world.
- Using a highly secure bespoke CRM database to manage communications with research participants.
- Assisting with the drafting of reports or funding proposals.
- Assisting the Communications Lead with external communications, including scheduling social media posts.
- Working in several languages on our websites and in social media material.
- Being a part of frequent Zoom meetings with colleagues in different countries.
Internships typically last around twelve weeks over the summer months, though this is flexible. Interns work a paid 40-hour week at our Wellington office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV, cover letter, copies of all academic transcripts and a list of any current courses you are taking to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand and be able to be based in Wellington for ~12 weeks over summer 2022/23. Motu and HRMI’s offices are conveniently located right outside the Cuba Street fountain, and some working form home is possible. Intern applications for summer 2022/23 close midnight Monday 25th April 2022.